Sunday, May 26, 2019

2019 Summer Goals

Colleagues! It's been a while! I know I've been MIA (see my previous blog post), but I'm here today to share with you my goals for the summer. This past Friday was the last day with students. Where did our year go? Did I also mention that we had a SNOW DAY ON MAY 21ST?! That was one of the craziest weather things I've seen (on top of the bomb cyclone that lead to our 2 1/2 week spring break...)

So what am I doing this summer?

    Bitmoji Image
  • Finish my master's degree. I'm almost halfway through the courses halfway through the six-month term. The last month has been rough, but I'm back on track with the summer! My deadline is August 31st, so I have a busy upcoming three months. 
  • Continue with my #oneword2019 goal: habitual. I've been bullet journaling regularly, which, surprisingly, has been therapeutic and has improved relationships with my friends and family. I'm much more aware of my moods, and my daily gratitude log has shown me all of the things I should be grateful for. 
  • Update my TPT store. This year I built a new curriculum for my advanced broadcasting students. I've also designed new scripts for my Broadcasting 7 and 8 students. I need to turn that work into PDFs and get it uploaded (and ready for sale). I know a lot of people think TPT is silly, but if I can make a few dollars a month off of my hard work, then great! I'm definitely keeping my day job... 
  • Get healthy. I've struggled with my IBS for the past few years, but I feel like I've achieved a breakthrough in the last four months. I feel significantly better, which means I can start working out more. I've lost weight by eating less, but because my stomach has shrunk, I'm less hungry in general. Now I want to tone up and maybe lose a little more. I have grand plans in my bullet journal to hit 100 miles by July 25th whether swimming, walking, running, or biking. I also want to add more yoga into my routine. I was awful with going to yoga since winter break, and I miss it. 
I am excited to take some time for myself, my friends, and my family this summer. But by mid-July, I'll be ready to be back. I'll see you then! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment